1. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
Complex ties between the U.S. ambassador's family and the Nazi elite in 1930s Berlin.
2. Prime Time by Jane Fonda
The actress' blueprint for successful living and getting older.
3. Go .... to Sleep by Adam Mansbach
A comical not-for-kids picture book on the perils of bedtime.
4. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
5. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
A kidnap victim at 11, Jaycee Dugard describes her 18-year imprisonment.
6. Bossypants by Tina Fey
How the self-deprecating actress, mom and writer rocked the world of comedy.
7. Rebels in Paradise by Hunter Drohojowska-Philp
How a few daring young artists changed the contemporary art scene in 1960's Los Angeles.
8. 1493 by Charles C. Mann
The interconnected ecological and economic consequences of the European discovery of the Americas.
9. Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams
A travel writer traces the steps of Hiram Bingham's original expedition to Machu Picchu.
10. The Greater Journey by David McCullough
How Americans in 19th century Paris shaped ideals back home.