1. Go .... to Sleep by Adam Mansbach
A comical not-for-kids picture book on the perils of bedtime.
2. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
3. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
Complex ties between the U.S. ambassador's family and the Nazi elite in 1930s Berlin.
4. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
A kidnap victim at 11, Jaycee Dugard describes her 18-year imprisonment.
5. The Greater Journey by David G. McCullough
How Americans in 19th century Paris shaped U.S. ideals.
6. Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen
A history of the top secret Nevada base includes familiar conspiracies and unexpected ties to Stalin.
7. Writing Movies for Fun and Profit by Robert Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon
Conquering the Hollywood studio system.
8. Supergods by Grant Morrison
A history of comic books and what they say about humankind.
9. Bossypants by Tina Fey
How the self-deprecating actress, mom and writer rocked the world of comedy.
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-it-Yourself Book by Jeff Kinney
A revised and expanded interactive journal based on the bestselling books and hit movies.