1. A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
The future of the Seven Kingdoms is imperiled once again in the fifth book of the Song of Ice and Fire series.
2. Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
A year in the social life of three twenty-somethings set in jazz-age New York City.
3. Portrait of a Spy by Daniel Silva
Anti-terrorist expert Gabriel Allon tracks down a dangerous American-born cleric with deadly plans.
4. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
An atmospheric tale of two medical researchers and the many shades of truths they find in the Amazon.
5. Full Black by Brad Thor
A counterterrorism operative launches a plan to stop the biggest terrorist attacks against the U.S.
6. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
A tale of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife.
7. The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan
A twenty first century love story of a distraught and lonely werewolf.
8. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
A teenager stumbles upon an abandoned children's home whose former occupants were a bit odd and dangerous.
9. Cold Vengeance by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
While seeking retribution for his wife's murder, Special Agent Pendergast uncovers a horrific conspiracy.
10. Stone Arabia by Dana Spiotta
Middle-aged siblings cope with their own realities and their mother's dementia.