1. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
An atmospheric tale of two medical researchers and the many shades of truths they find in the Amazon.
2. Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
A young Chinese American woman's search for her father in Mao Tse-tung's China
3. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
A tale of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife.
4. Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton
Vampire hunter Anita Blake tracks down a gruesome serial killer in the Pacific Northwest.
5. The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
The Kane siblings search for the Book of Ra in this second of a three-part series.
6. The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly
Foreclosure may be tied to a banker's murder in the latest Mickey Haller novel.
7. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
The final book of the "Millennium Trilogy" has Lisbeth Salander in peril.
8. Robopocalypse by Daniel Wilson
A robot uprising sets off a man vs. machine showdown for the fate of the human race.
9. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Sookie Stackhouse becomes more deeply entwined in supernatural vampire games in this 11th book of the series.
10. The Kingdom by Clive Cussler with Grant Blackwood
A husband and wife treasure-hunting team discover fossils that could lead to a new theory of evolution.