1. Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
A young Chinese American woman's search for her father in Mao Tse-tung's China
2. The Snowman by Jo Nesbo
Det. Harry Hole investigates what could be a serial case of missing mothers linked by the appearance of a mysterious snowman near the crime scenes.
3. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
A tale of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife.
4. Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
The lifelong friendship between a minister's daughter and a boy from the Wampanoag tribe.
5. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Sookie Stackhouse becomes more deeply entwined in supernatural vampire games in this 11th book of the series.
6. The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
The Kane siblings search for the Book of Ra in this second of a three-part series.
7. Buried Prey by John Sandford
Lucas Davenport re-investigates an old case when the bodies of two young girls, missing for decades, turn up.
8. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
The final book of the "Millennium Trilogy" has Lisbeth Salander in peril.
9. The Jefferson Key by Steve Berry
A former Justice Department operative stumbles upon a possible link among the four assassinated U.S. presidents.
10. The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
A young doctor in a war-torn Balkan country recalls tales from her beloved grandfather.