1. The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly
Foreclosure may be tied in to a banker's murder in the latest Mickey Haller novel.
2. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
A tale of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife.
3. The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
A young doctor in a war torn Balkan country recalls tales from her beloved grandfather.
4. When the Killing's Done by T.C. Boyle
A woman washes up on a rat-infest shore starting a family's link with California's Channel Islands.
5. The Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel
Ayla and her family travel to sacred caves in this final installment of the Earth's Children series.
6. The Pale King by David Foster Wallace
The author's unfinished novel explores life's meaning among characters in an I.R.S. office.
7. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
No one is safe in the final installment of the Hunger Games trilogy.
8. The Sixth Man by David Baldacci
Two former Secret Service agents investigate the murder of an alleged serial killer's lawyer.
9. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
The final book of the "Millennium Trilogy" has Lisbeth Salander in peril.
10. Ranger's Apprentice: The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan
Will and his band of Araluens search for a friend entangled in a military coup in an exotic land in this fourth installment of the "Mortal Instruments" series.