1. The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly
Foreclosure may be tied in to a banker's murder in the latest Mickey Haller novel.
2. The Pale King by David Foster Wallace
The author's unfinished novel explores life's meaning among characters in an I.R.S. office.
3. The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
A young doctor in a war torn Balkan country recalls tales from her beloved grandfather.
4. The Sixth Man by David Baldacci
Two former Secret Service agents investigate the murder of an alleged serial killer's lawyer.
5. The Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel
Ayla and her family travel to sacred caves in this final installment of the Earth's Children series.
6. Ranger's Apprentice: The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan
Will and his band of Araluens search for a friend entangled in a military coup in an exotic land in this fourth installment of the "Mortal Instruments" series.
7. The Troubled Man by Henning Mankell
Detective Kurt Wallander returns to solve another mystery while tying up personal loose ends.
8. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
The winners of the Hunger Games face the consequences of their victory.
9. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
The final book of the "Millennium Trilogy" has Lisbeth Salander in peril.
10. Save Me by Lisa Scottoline
A mother's decision after an explosion at her daughter's school causes controversy in a small Pennsylvania town.