1. Bossypants by Tina Fey
How the self-deprecating actress, mom and writer rocked the world of comedy.
2. The Social Animal by David Brooks
A look at brain science told through social behaviors of a fictional couple.
3. I'm Over All That by Shirley MacLaine
The award-winning actress ruminates on past relationships annoyances and observations.
4. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
5. Malcolm X by Manning Marable
This major biography of the controversial civil rights figure taps new documentation to chart his life.
6. America by Heart by Sarah Palin
The former Alaska governor's testament to American values and people she has met on her recent travels.
7. Blood, Bones & Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
The owner/chef of New York's Prune restaurant writes of cooking and its comforts.
8. True You by Janet Jackson with David Ritz
The entertainer's struggle with self-esteem.
9. Of Thee I Sing by Barack Obama
The president invites children into the world of 13 famous Americans.
10. Physics of the Future by Michio Kaku
A vision of science in the next century based on interviews with the world's top researchers.