1. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
2. The Social Animal by David Brooks
A look at brain science told through social behaviors of a fictional couple.
3. Unfamiliar Fishes by Sarah Vowell
The annexation and moral upending of Hawaii.
4. Physics of the Future by Michio Kaku
A vision of science in the next century based on interviews with the world's top researchers.
5. Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
The art and science of memory and how to improve it.
6. Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
The infamous queen of Egypt as a political power player.
7. Onward by Howard Schultz with Joanne Gordon
The CEO of Starbucks serves up lessons learned during tough economic times.
8. Blood, Bones & Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
The owner/chef of New York's Prune restaurant writes of cooking and its comforts.
9. Life by Keith Richards with James Fox
The seemingly-eternal musician shares his life as a Rolling Stone.
10. Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock by Sammy Hagar
Wackiness before, during and after the Van Halen years.