1. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
2. The Social Animal by David Brooks
A look at brain science told through social behaviors of a fictional couple.
3. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
Why Chinese mothers raise superior children to their Western counterparts.
4. Unfamiliar Fishes by Sarah Vowell
The annexation and moral upending of Hawaii.
5. Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
The infamous queen of Egypt as a political power player.
6. Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock by Sammy Hagar
Wackiness before, during and after the Van Halen years.
7. Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
The art and science of memory and how to improve it.
8. The Power by Rhonda Byrne
Using emotions to create positive outcomes.
9. The Healthy Home by Myron Wentz and Dave Wentz
How to protect your family from toxins around the house.
10. Life by Keith Richards with James Fox
The seemingly-eternal musician shares his life as a Rolling Stone.