1. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
2. The Social Animal by David Brooks
A look at brain science told through social behaviors of a fictional couple.
3. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
Why Chinese mothers raise superior children to their Western counterparts.
4. Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock by Sammy Hagar
Wackiness before, during and after the Van Halen years.
5. Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
The art and science of memory and how to improve it.
6. Money Class by Suze Orman
Navigating new financial realities.
7. Life by Keith Richards with James Fox
The seemingly-eternal musician shares his life as a Rolling Stone.
8. Blood, Bones & Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
The owner/chef of New York's Prune restaurant writes of cooking and its comforts.
9. Wild Bill Donovan by Douglas Waller
The man behind the wartime Office of Strategic Services, precursor to the CIA.
10. Oceana by Ted Danson and Michael D'Orso
The actor's journey from local protester to oceanic environmental activist.