1. Earth: A Visitors Guide to the Human Race by Jon Stewart
A summation on our species from the team behind "The Daily show."
2. The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking
Further explanations of quantum theory and its relation to the universe.
3. The Wave by Susan Casey
The science and surfers of the ocean's gnarliest waves.
4. Tattoos on the Heart by Gregory Boyle
A Jesuit priest recounts working with L.A. youth through his gang intervention program.
5. Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern
A son's compilation of his elderly father's sharp and profane observations.
6. The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
The midcentury exodus of black Southerners to the North and Midwest.
7. Pinheads and Patriots by Bill O'Reilly
The effect of a shifting political & social climate on Americans.
8. The Power by Rhonda Byrne
Utilizing the force of emotions to create positive outcomes.
9. Obama's Wars by Bob Woodward
Internal documents offer a look behind the presidents military decisions.
10. Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain
A gastronome's journey for foodies everywhere.