Thursday, February 5, 2009

What the Buena Park Library Staff is reading RIGHT NOW!!

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir by Bill Bryson
Why are you reading this book?
It sounded funny and interesting. Overall, it was a good memoir of growing up in the 50's and 60's in the midwest.

When Will There Be Good News by Kate Atkinson
Why are you reading this book?
I love the way she writes and the way she intertwines the stories of different families and people together (as in her previous books: Case Histories and One Good Turn).

Foundation's Edge by Isaac Asimov.
Why are you reading this book?
I'm reading the entire Foundation Series and this is number 4 in a series of six.

Eat This, Not That: Thousands of Simple Food Swaps That Can Save You 10, 20, 30 Pounds -- or More! by David Zinczenko
Why are you reading this book?
I want to make healthier choices in the foods I choose to eat.

Events versus Process by Paul Scanlon
Why are you reading this book?
He was a guest speaker at my church and made the book sound quite interesting.

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Why are you reading this book?
I'm continuing with the Twilight Saga; but not finding this book as good as Twilight.

Shadows of Lancaster County by Mindy Starns Clark
Why are you reading this book?
It's a new mystery -- and I love mysteries. I saw it mentioned in one of the book ads in Library Journal.

The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
Why are you reading this book?
I read the reviews and it sounded good. It's about what happens to a couple in the aftermath of the Columbine incident. It's very interesting they way the author weaves in the historical aspect of the story into the present day.

Children of Dune by Frank Herbert
Why are you reading this book?
I'm reading the whole series and this is the third book, that follows Dune and Dune Messiah.

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Why are you reading this book?
She's written a whole series about vampires -- the HBO series True Blood is based on this series.

God's Spy by Juan Gomez-Jurado
Why are you reading this book?
I read some of the reviews on the back cover and who could resist a mystery about an Italian serial killer that's a priest.

The Bodies Left Behind by Jeffery Deaver
Why are you reading this book?
I like all his books -- so, I picked up his latest. It's quite good -- it doesn't include his usual characters this time.

No comments: