Read more in this USA Today article. Roberts said: "The whole idea was the rooms' themes had to be linked to literary couples who ended up with happy endings." She was challenged to find enough couples to fill the bill. "Romeo and Juliet? Dead. Tristan and Isolde? Dead. Not happy. Dead, dead, dead. Rhett Butler and Scarlett? He didn't give a damn. You try finding seven of them."
Here are some of the rooms:
- The Marguerite and Percy room is based on Baroness Emmuska Orczy's The Scarlet Pimpernel.
- The Titania and Oberon room from A Midsummer Night's Dream "...has an organic, more fanciful theme."
- The room named for Jane and Rochester from Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre includes a fainting couch.
- There's a room designed with Elizabeth and Darcy from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice in mind.
- There's also a suite named for Buttercup and Westley from The Princess Bride.