1. The Social Animal by David Brooks
A look at brain science told through social behaviors of a fictional couple.
2. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
3. Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
The art and science of memory and how to improve it.
4. Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
The infamous queen of Egypt as a political power player.
5. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
Why Chinese mothers raise superior children to their Western counterparts.
6. Life by Keith Richards with James Fox
The seemingly-eternal musician shares his life as a Rolling Stone.
7. Untied by Meredith Baxter
Life lessons learned from the "Family Ties" star.
8. The George Carlin Letters by Sally Wade
The comedian's widow shares their story along with a collection of his writings and artwork.
9. Money Class by Suze Orman
Navigating new financial realities.
10. Decision Points by George W. Bush
Critical choices that shaped the former president's time in the White House.