1. Tick Tock by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge
Det. Michael Bennett is called on to solve a rash of horrifying crimes in NYC.
2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
The final book of the "Millennium Trilogy" has Lisbeth Salander in peril.
3. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Vampires, demons and witches plot to steal a magical book from an American professor.
4. An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
An ambitious young art dealer manipulates her way through Manhattan's high-end art world.
5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Southern lives of a maid, cook and college graduate intertwine.
6. Angel by James Patterson
Evil scientists continue to convince Max to save the world in the seventh book in the Maximum Ride series.
7. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
A teen poses as a high school student to elude killers who have eliminated three before him.
8. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
Quirky animal fables.
9. Swamplandia! by Karen Russell
Abandoned at her family's Everglades theme park, a 13-year old girl journeys to the underworld to find her sister.
10. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
A new group of heroes returns to Camp Half-Blood.