1. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
2. Life by Keith Richards with James Fox
The seemingly-eternal musician shares his life as a Rolling Stone.
3. Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
The infamous queen of Egypt as a political power player.
4. Tough Without a Gun by Stefan Kanfer
The life of the noir cool Humphrey Bogart.
5. Blood, Bones & Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
The owner/chef of New York's Prune restaurant writes of cooking and its comforts.
6. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebeca Skloot
What a poor black woman's cancer cells did for science and didn't do for her family.
7. Straight Talk, No Chaser by Steve Harvey
Tips and insight for women as to what motivates men.
8. Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
The art and science of memory and how to improve it.
9. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
Why Chinese mothers raise superior children to their Western counterparts.
10. The Power by Rhonda Byrne
Using emotions to create positive outcomes.