1. Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
The infamous queen of Egypt as a political power player.
2. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
Why Chinese mothers raise superior children to their Western counterparts.
3. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
4. Life by Keith Richards with James Fox
The seemingly-eternal musician shares his life as a Rolling Stone.
5. The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene
An explanation of modern theoretical physics and cosmology for the layperson.
6. The Investment Answer by Daniel C. Goldie and Gordon S. Murray
Investing in layman's terms.
7. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
What a poor black woman's cancer cells did for science and didn't do for her family.
8. Sexy Forever by Suzanne Somers
Keys to fighting toxins, losing weight and staying healthy.
9. How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had it Coming by Mike Brown
How and why Pluto was reclassified as a dwarf planet.
10. The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss
How to produce the best physical results with small changes.