1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
The final book of the "Millennium Trilogy" has Lisbeth Salander in peril.
2. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Vampires, demons and witches plot to steal a magical book from an American professor.
3. Swamplandia! by Karen Russell
Abandoned at her family's Everglades theme park, a 13-year old girl journeys to the underworld to find her sister.
4. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
The breakdown of a Midwestern family.
5. The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer
A hidden document in the national archives leads to a high-level conspiracy linked to the president.
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Southern lives of a maid, cook and college graduate intertwine.
7. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
Quirky animal fables.
8. Room by Emma Donoghue
A 4-year old boy is imprisoned in a 12-by-12 room.
9. An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
An ambitious young art dealer manipulates her way through Manhattan's high-end art world.
10. Tick Tock by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge
Det. Michael Bennett is called on to solve a rash of horrifying crimes in NYC.