1. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
An atmospheric tale of two medical researchers and the many shades of truths they find in the Amazon.
2. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
A tale of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife.
3. Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
A young Chinese American woman's search for her father in Mao Tse-tung's China.
4. Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
A cold-blooded killer is after bounty hunter Stephanie Plum, whose family is bugging her to settle down.
5. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
The winners of the Hunger Games face the consequences of their victory.
6. Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
The lifelong friendship between a minister's daughter and a boy from the Wampanoag tribe.
7. Now You See Her by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge
A lawyer's secret past comes back to haunt her when an innocent man is framed for murder.
8. Against All Enemies by Tom Clancy with Peter Telep
A former Navy SEAL uncovers conspiracies and plots against America while entrenched in Pakistan and Mexico.
9. The Devil Colony by James Rollins
Prehistoric remains and murder in the Rocky Mountains dispute America's early history.
10. Middle School by James Patterson with Chris Tebbetts
A student aims to break every rule in his school's Code of Conduct.