1. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
Complex ties between the U.S. ambassador's family and the Nazi elite in 1930s Berlin.
2. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
3. Go .... to Sleep by Adam Mansbach
A comical not-for-kids picture book on the perils of bedtime.
4. Bossypants by Tina Fey
How the self-deprecating actress, mom and writer rocked the world of comedy.
5. The Greater Journey by David G. McCullough
How Americans in 19th century Paris shaped U.S. ideals.
6. Writing Movies for Fun and Profit by Robert B. Garat and Thomas Lennon
Conquering the Hollywood studio system.
7. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
A kidnap victim at 11, Jaycee Dugard describes her 18-year imprisonment.
8. Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman
A modern history of L. Ron Hubbard and his controversial religion-without-a-deity.
9. Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen
A history of the top secret Nevada base includes familiar conspiracies and unexpected ties to Stalin.
10. SEAL Team Six by Howard Wasdin and Stephen Templin
A former member of the elite Navy SEALS recounts his military training and deadly missions.