1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
The final book of the "Millennium Trilogy" has Lisbeth Salander in peril.
2. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
The breakdown of a Midwestern family.
3. An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
An ambitious young art dealer manipulates her way through Manhattan's high-end art world.
4. The Sentry by Robert Crais
After saving a man from a beating, former mercenary Joe Pike is drawn into a web of deception and murder.
5. Dead or Alive by Tom Clancy
Jack Ryan Jr. and his colleagues are on the trail of the world's most dangerous terrorist.
6. Lord of Misrule by Jaimy Gordon
The lives and schemes of characters at a small-time horseracing track in 1970s West Virginia.
7. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Southern lives of a maid, cook and college graduate intertwine.
8. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
Quirky animal fables.
9. Room by Emma Donoghue
A 5-year-old boy is imprisoned in a 12 by 12 room.
10. Awakened by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Bonds of love and friendship are tested in the latest installment of the house of Night series.