1. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louie Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
2. Go .... to Sleep by Adam Mansbach
A comical not-for-kids picture book on the perils of bedtime.
3. Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller
A memoir of the author's mother set in Kenya.
4. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
Complex ties between the U.S. ambassador's family and the Nazi elite in 1930s Berlin.
5. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
A kidnap victim at 11, Jaycee Dugard describes her 18-year imprisonment.
6. Prime Time by Jane Fonda
The actress' blueprint for successful living and getting older.
7. After America by Mark Steyn
A prediction of America's economic and cultural armageddon.
8. The Eighty-Dollar Champion by Elizabeth Letts
A beat-up horse named Snowman's rise to the top in show-jumping.
9. The Greater Journey by David McCullough
How Americans in 19th century Paris shaped ideals back home.
10. Boo: The Life of the World's Cutest Dog by J.H. Lee
A photographic day in the life of an adorable teddy-bear like dog.