1. In My Time by Dick Cheney
The former vice president defends the Bush administration's policies after 9/11.
2. That Used to Be Us by Michael Mandelbaum and Thomas Friedman
A manifesto for American renewal and rediscovering valuable traditions.
3. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The story of Louis Zamperini, a World War II bombardier, POW and Olympian.
4. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
Complex ties between the U.S. ambassador's family and the Nazi elite in 1930s Berlin.
5. Go .... to Sleep by Adam Mansbach
A comical not-for-kids picture book on the perils of bedtime.
6. Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller
A memoir of the author's mother set in Kenya.
7. The Eighty-Dollar Champion by Elizabeth Letts
A beat-up horse named Snowman's rise to the top in show-jumping.
8. Rebels in Paradise by Hunter Drohojowska-Philp
How a few daring young artists changed the contemporary art scene in 1960's Los Angeles.
9. Def Leppard by Ross Halfin
A visual history of the British heavy metal band.
10. Bossypants by Tina Fey
How the self-deprecating actress, mom and writer rocked the world of comedy.