1. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
The breakdown of a Midwestern family.
2. An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
An ambitious young art dealer manipulates her way through Manhattan's high-end art world.
3. Dead or Alive by Tom Clancy
Jack Ryan Jr. and his colleagues are on the trail of the world's most dangerous terrorist.
4. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
A collection of animal tales dealing with contemporary issues.
5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinney
Greg confronts puberty without his best friend.
6. The Confession by John Grisham
A man confesses to the crime for which another man is about to be executed.
7. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
The final book of the "Millennium Trilogy" has Lisbeth Salander in peril.
8. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
A new group of heroes return to Camp Half-Blood.
9. Of Love and Evil by Anne Rice
A reformed assassin seeks atonement in this metaphysical thriller set in present day and 15th century Rome.
10. Cross Fire by James Patterson
Alex Cross' wedding plans are interrupted by a sniper picking off crooked D.C. politicians.