1. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
A love triangle between recent Ivy League graduates.
2. The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
A middle-age retiree re-evaluates his mediocre existence.
3. The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje
A young boy's sea voyage in the early 1950s from Sri Lanka to England.
4. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
After 25 years, high school sweethearts confront painful memories.
5. The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
The complicated nature of relationships revolving around a gifted college baseball player.
6. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
New battles await Percy Jackson as he returns to a Roman half-blood camp.
7. Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
Two alternating stories, 50 years apart both leading to the American Museum of Natural History.
8. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
An atmospheric tale of two medical researchers and the many shades of truths they find in the Amazon.
9. Shock Wave by John Sandford
Who's behind the bombing of a new chain superstore in a Minnesota river town?
10. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
Don't let appearances fool you in the multilayered narrative about loyalty and loss.