1. The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking.
Further explanations of quantum theory and its relation to the universe.
2. Tattoos on the Heart by Gregory Boyle.
A Jesuit priest recounts working with L.A. youth through his gang intervention program.
3. A Journey: My Political Life by Tony Blair.
The former British prime minister's candid account of his career.
4. ...My Dad Says by Justin Halpern.
A son's compilation of his elderly father's sharp and profane observations.
5. Bob Dylan in America by Sean Wilentz.
The singer's influence on music and culture.
6. The Hilliker Curse by James Ellroy.
The crime novelist's restless, reckless love affairs.
7. Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. by Sam Wasson.
How "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and a little black dress influenced a generation.
8. Crimes Against Liberty by David Limbaugh.
The author's case that President Obama's policies have threatened the public's constitutional rights.
9. The Power by Rhonda Byrne.
Utilizing the force of emotions to create positive outcomes.
10. True Prep by Lisa Birnbach.
"The Official Preppy Handbook" gets a contemporary upgrade.